Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Here's a nice easy BBQ sauce with Bourbon which gives a nice, rich bold flavor, with a hint of vanilla from the Kentucky Bourbon:
- 1 small bottle (16 oz) ketchup
- 1/4 cup plain yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup Kentucky Bourbon (I used Evan Williams: not too expensive, but real sour mash bourbon)
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP molasses
- 3 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP hot sauce ( I used Sriracha)
- 1 TBSP bacon grease
- Ground black pepper to taste (1/2 - 1 tsp)
- Kosher salt to taste (1-2 tsp)
- Add onion, garlic, and bacon grease to sauce pan, and saute until onion is clear.
- Add bourbon, and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add ALL the other ingredients and bring to low boil, then reduce to a very low simmer for 20 mins.
- Stir frequently so the sugars don't scorch
- Blend until smooth (optional)